ELD Class Lesson ideas
ELD Lesson Ideas
3. Add a page about Heat and Stress related illnesses
Click> Play to listen to the story
4. Add details on Pesticides and Illnesses
5. Add a slide regarding Child Labor
Use Screencastify to play a short film and have students dub the narration
Example: Dia De Los Muertos Shorts
Narrated by German H. & James G.
Narrated by Cindy A. & Ruth Q.
Narrated by Miguel N.
Narrated by Genesis L. & Emily C.
Create informative videos on Animoto.com
Newcomer Class Projects
Click on the links below to view our student projects.
Links by theme for ELPAC prep
Migrant Worker: Jobs
Cesar Chavez links can be found below:
This and That
2. Complete the worksheet
Grammar Lesson: Prepositions
4. Game: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/grammar-games/prepositions-place
5. Preposition Spin the Wheel Game
6. Billionaire Preposition Gamehttp://www.eslgamesworld.com/members/games/ClassroomGames/Billionaire/Prepositions%20of%20Place%20Billionaire/index.html
8. Turtle Diary
ELD Assignment: Introduction video of the history of voting rights for women
1. Women's Suffrage Movement
2. Women's Suffrage song
3. Women's Vote- the Night of Terror
4. Lucy Burns Photographs- Arrested for picketing in front of the white house
5. Explains how women got the right to vote
Rosa Parks video-
Use Google Forms to Assess Students' writing
Rosa Parks faced many different situations in her life where she was treated differently because of the color of her skin. Choose one situation that you learned about from the play Rosa Parks. Describe the situation. Tell how Rosa felt. Compare it to your self. What would you do in a similar situation?
Write a 30 second speech that describes a specific incident of prejudice that Rosa Parks faced. Then tell what you would do if the same thing happened to you.
Express an opinion.
Use the following sentence frames to express an opinion.
-I firmly/ strongly believe that ___.
-In my opinion, ___.
-From my perspective, _____.
-From my point of view, _____.
Characterization- How can you describe Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's character?
Jim Crow Laws Unit
All About the Weather
Weather and Climate:
With a partner, help each other answer the following questions on the link below.
Explaining a Story Mountain or Plot Slide
Speakaboo - The Little Red Riding Hood
Fruits and Vegetables- Review the different food groups. Play the Games.
Kids Health Article. Click on the sound button to listen to the article.